1. Treatment manager and delegate for the protection of personal data
The person who treats your personal data is:
Yatedo France, 54 rue de Paradis, 75010 Paris. Yatedo company has for legal representative Amyne Berrada.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) of Yatedo is:
Matthieu Mélin, Astura, 26 avenue George V, 75008 Paris.
2. Purposes and legal basis of the treatment
Yatedo collects some of your personal data made publicly available on the Internet and indexes them in the form of a profile in order to provide a subscription based people search engine service called « Pipler » to its customers (« Users ») for recruitment purposes.
The processing carried out by Yatedo thus falls under article 6.1 (f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (« GDPR »), pursuant to which personal data processing is lawful if it is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller.
3. Collected personal data and sources
3.1. Personal data we collect from Source Sites
Yatedo collects your personal data from information made publicly available on the Internet. This may include information on publicly available websites, such as Wikipedia, CNN or les Echos, or information you made publicly available by creating an account on social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Viadeo, Twitter (« Sources Websites »).
The types of personal data processed by Yatedo are the following, to the extent they are made publicly available on the Internet:
- personal data related to your identity, including, as the case may be: name, first name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address;
- personal data related to your professional life, including, as the case may be: curriculum vitae (CV), academic background, professional education, academic or professional honors, and workplace.
Yatedo might also collect incidentally and unintentionally some sensitive data (relating, for instance, to your trade union membership, your political opinions, your religious beliefs or your sexual orientation) if such data are made publicly available on the Internet and are set out in some fields related to your education or professional activity of Sources Websites.
3.2. Personal data you transfer to us when exercising your rights
4. Recipients of your personal data
Yatedo discloses your personal data to Pipler Users and to its technical services suppliers.
5. Your rights
As a search engine, Yatedo only reproduces your personal data made publicly available on the Internet by presenting them in the form of a profile.
You have the right to:
- ask Yatedo to access your personal data;
- ask Yatedo to rectify your personal data;
- ask Yatedo to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- ask Yatedo to erase your personal data;
- object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at all time, to the processing of your personal data by Yatedo.
5.1 Right of access and right to restriction
To exercise these rights, please send an email to email@example.com providing your name, first name, and attaching a copy of your ID.
According to article 12.5 of the GDPR, if requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, Yatedo may refuse to act on it.
5.2 Right to rectification
As a search engine, Yatedo only reproduces the information you made publicly available through social networks profiles and information about yourself published on publicly available websites.
In order to rectify your personal data that have been collected by Yatedo from Sources Websites, you may:
- if the information comes from a social network you are registered in: rectify the information by yourself directly on the social network, so that Yatedo can update your profile according to the modifications you made;
- if the information comes from a website or a blog:
- request the rectification or erasure of the information directly to the publisher of the website or blog on which the information appears, or
- request the search engine Bing to delist the link leading to the website or blog concerned so that it will no longer appear on the Yatedo page linked to your profile.
5.3 Right to objection and right to erasure
You have the right to (i) object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing by Yatedo of your personal data and/or (ii) obtain from Yatedo the erasure of your personal data.
For identification purposes, you will be asked your name, first name, e-mail address and to attach a scan of your ID.
As a search engine, Yatedo may index again your profile in the event new links related to your education, your professional activity or your career become publicly available on the Internet.
Pursuant to article 12.5 of the GDPR, if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, Yatedo may refuse to act on it.
5.4 Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the « Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés » (« CNIL »), the French Data Protection Authority.
5.5 Right to set guidelines concerning the management of your data after your death
Pursuant to article 40-1 of the French data protection Act of 6 January 1978 (“Loi informatique et libertés”), you have the right to set guidelines concerning the storage, the erasure or the disclosure of your personal data after your death.
If you provide general instructions on all your personal data, they may be registered by a digital trusted third-party certified by the CNIL.
If you provide specific instructions on personal data collected by Yatedo, they will be registered with the latter.
You can rectify or repeal your instructions at any time.
6. The period for which the personal data will be stored
6.1. Personal data we collect from Source Websites
Your personal data, collected from Sources Websites, are stored:
- either until your personal data are no longer publicly available on the Internet: if so, they will be stored in Yatedo’s database until one of its web crawlers delete them as part of an update.
Yatedo’s web crawlers are set so that Pipler Users cannot access your profile on Pipler if your personal data are no longer publicly available;
- or until you ask Yatedo to erase your profile: if so, Yatedo will store the Sources Websites URL to make sure not to index your profile anymore on Pipler.
6.2.Personal data you transfer to us when exercising your rights
7. Transfer of personal data
Yatedo’s databases are hosted in the European Union.
However, Pipler service may be used by a User who is not located in a EEA country. If such third-country has not been granted an adequacy decision by the European Commission as stated by article 45 of the GDPR, Yatedo and its client will sign standard contractual clauses according to article 46 of the GDPR to cover the transfer of personal data.
You can get a copy of these standard contractual clauses by contacting us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.